ZAMBEZI MUBALA LODGE
In the heart of southern Africa, approximately 2000km from the southern tip of the continent and from the equator, and equidistant between the Indian and Atlantic oceans, lies Namibia’s best-kept secret, the Zambezi Region.
Newly-built, modern, innovative and stylish, Zambezi Mubala is a secret river hideaway where water laps the shores of the mighty Zambezi, hippos laugh and the calls of fish eagles pierce the vast blue sky.
Leave your vehicle at Zambezi Mubala Camp, south of Katima Mulilo, to cruise downriver and enter the enchanted Mubala world. Here, vervet monkeys scamper through the trees, swamp boubous’ melodic banter rings through the air and tree squirrels hop nimbly from branch to branch.
Relax on your balcony or lie back on your king-size bed in your spacious cabin and absorb the peace of the river, as mekoro slice through the water, the muted sound of cow bells wafts through the air and the cool breeze dances on the river.
The lodge sings its tributes to the colours of the water, the surrounding riverine vegetation and the clear blue sky, adopting the local Silozi name for colour - ‘Mubala’. It tastefully explores this delicious theme in its shades of gentle blues and sea greens that punctuate wicker chairs and tint bungalow walls.
A bird-lover’s dream, Zambezi Mubala Lodge is home to over 450 species of birds and hosts the springtime visit of one of the largest colonies of carmine bee-eaters in Africa. These bright and cheerful visitors nest along the banks of the majestic Zambezi between the months of August and December, filling the air with sound, activity and colour as they flash crimson breasts, swooping and rising into the air in an exuberant burst of energy.
Pad along the raised walkway between the bungalows in the late afternoon to spend the last hours of the day on a sunset boat cruise, stroll along the riverbank to visit the bee-eater colony, sit back in the open-sided bar or while away the hours fishing on the river where the catch-and-release of Tiger Fish is a popular activity for those who are fishermen at heart.
Complementing the desert grandeur in the rest of the country, the Zambezi generously offers the riches of the river and the rhythm of a wild Africa to make the Namibian journey complete, while fitting snuggly into a trip to Chobe National Park and Vic Falls.
Revel in the peace of the surroundings, the celebration of birdlife and the rich colours of life that pass by, drifting on the steady current of the river.
Situated 40km east of Katima Mulilo off the B8
- Available Services
- Credit Card: Visa, Master
- Property Facilities
- Tea / Coffee Facilities
Air Conditioning / Heating
- +264 66 253 521
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- +264 (0)66 253 522
- After Hours:
- +264 81 129 2424
Rooms & Rates
- Sundowner Boat Cruise (guided)
- Experience the waterworld of the Zambezi River on a romantic boat trip as the sun goes down. Refreshments and light snacks included. (Departure 1,5 hours before sunset)
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020 | approximately 1.5 hours||N$ 294 pp|
- Morning / Afternoon Boat Cruise
- Capture the colours of the Zambezi River bird life on a relaxing boat cruise. Ideal for birding/photography enthusiasts. Refreshments and light snacks included.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020 | approximately 3 hours (early morning or late afternoon)||N$ 514 pp|
- Guided Fishing Trip
- 2 persons per boat, tackle and bait included, lost lures to be replaced at Lodge at N$60 per lure. Fishing licence can be obtained from the Lodge, but is not included in the rate. Drinks on own account.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020 | Hourly Rate||N$ 263 pp/per hour|
- Fishing Excursion
- We will gladly submit a detailed offer for a tailor made excursion for the enthusiastic fishermen. Various boat rental options available. Please enquire at reservations(at)gondwana-collection.com
- Guided walks to the bird colonies
- Only to be booked directly at the Lodge. (Seasonal) Rates are available at the lodge.
- Transfer Zambezi Mubala Lodge to Katima Airport Mpacha (return)
- 50 km one way. On request.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 330 pp|
- Package Transfer Airport & 3 Zambezi Gondwana properties (Namushasha River Lodge, Zambezi Mubala Lodge and Chobe River Camp)
- On request
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 770 pp|