ZAMBEZI MUBALA LODGE
In the heart of southern Africa, approximately 2000km from the southern tip of the continent and from the equator, and equidistant between the Indian and Atlantic oceans, lies Namibia’s best-kept secret, the Zambezi Region.
Newly-built, modern, innovative and stylish, Zambezi Mubala is a secret river hideaway where water laps the shores of the mighty Zambezi, hippos laugh and the calls of fish eagles pierce the vast blue sky.
Leave your vehicle at Zambezi Mubala Camp, south of Katima Mulilo, to cruise downriver and enter the enchanted Mubala world. Here, vervet monkeys scamper through the trees, swamp boubous’ melodic banter rings through the air and tree squirrels hop nimbly from branch to branch.
Relax on your balcony or lie back on your king-size bed in your spacious cabin and absorb the peace of the river, as mekoro slice through the water, the muted sound of cow bells wafts through the air and the cool breeze dances on the river.
The lodge sings its tributes to the colours of the water, the surrounding riverine vegetation and the clear blue sky, adopting the local Silozi name for colour - ‘Mubala’. It tastefully explores this delicious theme in its shades of gentle blues and sea greens that punctuate wicker chairs and tint bungalow walls.
A bird-lover’s dream, Zambezi Mubala Lodge is home to over 450 species of birds and hosts the springtime visit of one of the largest colonies of carmine bee-eaters in Africa. These bright and cheerful visitors nest along the banks of the majestic Zambezi between the months of August and December, filling the air with sound, activity and colour as they flash crimson breasts, swooping and rising into the air in an exuberant burst of energy.
Pad along the raised walkway between the bungalows in the late afternoon to spend the last hours of the day on a sunset boat cruise, stroll along the riverbank to visit the bee-eater colony, sit back in the open-sided bar or while away the hours fishing on the river where the catch-and-release of Tiger Fish is a popular activity for those who are fishermen at heart.
Complementing the desert grandeur in the rest of the country, the Zambezi generously offers the riches of the river and the rhythm of a wild Africa to make the Namibian journey complete, while fitting snuggly into a trip to Chobe National Park and Vic Falls.
Revel in the peace of the surroundings, the celebration of birdlife and the rich colours of life that pass by, drifting on the steady current of the river.
GPS Coordinates -17.5400, 24.5663
Situated 40km east of Katima Mulilo off the B8
- Property Facilities
- Laundry service
Security measures in place
Secure parking at Mubala Camp
Cold water swimming pool
- Available Services
- 24-Hour security
Credit card: Visa, Master
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)84 0007360
- After Hours:
- +264 81 129 2424
- Sunset Boat Cruise
- Experience the waterworld of the Zambezi River on a romantic boat trip as the sun goes down. Refreshments and light snacks included. Duration approximately 1.5 hours.
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 323.00 pp|
- Morning/Afternoon Boat Cruise
- Capture the colours of the Zambezi River bird life on a relaxing boat cruise. Ideal for birding/photography enthusiasts. Approximately 3 hours in early morning or late afternoon. Refreshments and light snacks included.
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 565.00 pp|
- Join a guided fishing trip and catch species such as catfish, tilapia, nembwe and tigerfish. 2 persons per boat. Boat and basic tackle and bait are included. A fishing license can be obtained from the Lodge but is not included in the rate. Lost lure at N$60 per lure, drinks on own account. Please enquire at reception about departure times and duration.
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 289.00 pp/per hour|
- Fishing Excursion
- We will gladly submit a detailed offer for a tailor made excursion for the enthusiastic fishermen. Various boat rental options available. Please enquire at reservations(at)gondwana-collection.com
- Please note:
- All fishing is done on a catch and release basis.
- Guided walk to the bird colonies
- Discover the beauty of the Zambezi region on foot on a hike with a reliable guide. Approximately 3 hours, subject to availability. Seasonal. May only be booked directly at the Lodge.
- Excursions to Victoria Falls
- Don’t miss this tour to Victoria Falls. The waterfall is classified as the largest in the world, having the largest sheet of falling water. Contact us for more information.