Between Kaokoland and the Skeleton Coast, where the flat-topped Etendeka mountains and the carpet of rich red rock greet the tributaries of the Uniab River, lies Palmwag Lodge. Amid swaying makalani palms and robust mopane trees nourished by underground water, the lodge overlooks the sweeping northern Damaraland landscape peppered with green euphorbias.
Feel the freedom of the north-western corner of Namibia, one of Africa’s last wildernesses, a refuge for black rhino and lion, and home to the famous desert elephant that follow the ephemeral rivers spanning the land like arteries of life. The hustle and bustle of daily living dissipates here as you entertain a slower rhythm of life. In the Kaokoveld extremes, where wildlife wanders freely, the infinite dome of blue sky holds sway during the day, and at night, the brilliance of the night sky takes the stage.
Join a guided hike, a day or morning of exploration, a sleep-out or a sundowner drive in the 582 000-hectare Palmwag Concession, a vast conservation area with an abundance of wildlife. Palmwag collaborates with neighbouring conservancies, the Ministry of Environment and Tourism and Save the Rhino Trust to safeguard this rich wild heritage, offering guests extraordinary unrivalled African experiences.
When the rugged reds soften into pinks and purples at the end of the day, touching your soul with their magic wand of beauty, and a buttery moon rises regally over the horizon, a deep peace pervades your being. Sit back in comfort listening to barking geckos calling their mates and the wind dancing in the palm fronds, content in the generous arms of a wild Namibia.
Until August 2020 renovation works are carried out at Palmwag Lodge. The upgrade is done in phases in order to minimize any inconvenience to our guests. We ask for your kind understanding.
- Available Services
- Credit Card: Visa, Master
Kindly note, day visitors are permitted per prior arrangement only. Please contact the lodge directly for arrangements.
- Property Facilities
- Secure parking
Tea / Coffee Facilities
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- +264 (0)61 251 863
- After Hours:
- +264 81 129 2424
Rooms & Rates
- Morning/Afternoon Half Day Game Drive (guided)
- Explore the amazing wildlife including rhino, desert elephants and the largest predator population outside the Etosha National Park. Refreshments and light snacks are included.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 890.00 pp|
- Full Day Damaraland Wildlife Excursion
- Explore the beauty and wildlife of Damaraland on this varied full day excursion (min. 4 persons).
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 2330.00 pp|
- Guided Morning Hike
- Discover the smaller wildlife that roams the area. Your guide will show you the different tracks and talk about the animals that live in the concession. (approximately 1.5 hours).
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 260.00 pp|
- Half Day Rhino Tracking (guided)
- Rely on your experienced guide and follow the tracks of the black rhino. An open game drive vehicle brings you to the location, where the rhino tracking is done on foot.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 2610.00 pp|
- Under Canvas Sleep-out in a tent
- An adventurous outing for min. 2 and max. 8 persons. A guided scenic drive takes you to a tented camp in the Palmwag Concession area, where you spend the night. Sit at the camp fire, gaze at the stars and enjoy your dinner.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 2800.00 pp in a tent|