Ideal for nature-lovers, this peaceful campsite comprises thirteen spacious sites, each with its own power-point, light, wash basin and fireplace. Being in touch with nature, while having all the luxuries of civilization at your fingertips remains one of the finest experiences on the planet.
At Palmwag, the camper has ample choices. Partake in the many activities in the wildlife-rich Palmwag Concession, take a dip in the swimming pool and have a bite to eat at the pool bar, retreating to your outdoor home at your leisure to soak up Kaokoveld peace.
Elephants, drawn by the water in the river, have been known to venture through the lodge grounds and campsite at night, so keep eyes open for pachyderm friends. Delight in the rugged Damaraland beauty with its authentic Namibian loveliness that reaches places deep inside.
Whether Palmwag is a destination on its own, or a stop en route from the coast and Etosha to Epupa Falls and Kaokoland, it’s an ideal place to pop up the rooftop tent, sit around the campfire, explore the concession area and fall asleep to the gentle lullabies of Mother Nature.
Until August 2020 renovation works are carried out at Palmwag Lodge. The upgrade is done in phases in order to minimize any inconvenience to our guests. We ask for your kind understanding.
- Available Services
- Credit Card: Visa, Master
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- +264 (0)61 251 863
- After Hours:
- +264 81 129 2424
Rooms & Rates
- Morning/Afternoon Half Day Nature Drive (guided)
- An approximate 4-hour long morning or afternoon drive into the Palmwag Concession area. Explore the amazing wildlife including rhino, desert elephants and the largest predator population outside the Etosha National Park. Refreshments and light snacks are included.
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 979.00 pp|
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 890.00 pp|
- Full Day Damaraland Nature Drive
- Explore the beauty and wildlife of Damaraland on this varied full day excursion (min. 4 persons).
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 2563.00 pp|
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 2330.00 pp|
- Guided Morning Hike
- Discover the smaller wildlife that roams the area. Your guide will show you the different tracks and talk about the animals that live in the concession. (approximately 1.5 hours).
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 286.00 pp|
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 260.00 pp|
- Half Day Rhino Tracking (guided)
- Rely on your experienced guide and follow the tracks of the black rhino. An open game drive vehicle brings you into the Palmwag Concession area. The rhino tracking is done on foot.
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 2871.00 pp|
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 2610.00 pp|
- Under Canvas Sleep-out in a tent
- An adventurous outing for min. 2 and max. 8 persons. A guided scenic drive takes you to a tented camp in the Palmwag Concession area, where you spend the night. Sit at the camp fire, gaze at the stars and enjoy your dinner.
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 2800.00 pp in a tent|
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 2800.00 pp in a tent|