OMARUNGA EPUPA-FALLS CAMPSITE
Campsites on the riverbank are among the greatest places to set up tents, take out chairs and a good book and be lulled by the gentle river song. Great scenery rates supreme for favourite camping places and the relaxed and rustic Omarunga Epupa-Falls Campsite, under the makalanis and on the banks of the Kunene, is a rare find. It’s time to leave behind day to day concerns and reconnect with nature. In this remote area, you are explorer and adventurer in a new and different world.
After a dusty drive of earthy colours with several baobabs marking the way, the verdant green band of makalanis comes into view and the small Kunene River oasis, with its local Himba people dressed in traditional garb, the rush of the falls and the gentle flow of the river unaware of its exciting 40m plunge down the rocky gorge.
Spend time absorbing the jubilant energy at Epupa Falls and partake in the exhilarating lodge activities. Experiencing the great outdoors in places like Epupa lifts the soul, reenergises and inspires; and Omarunga is one to add to lists, to reminisce over and to return to time and time again.
An unexpected treat in the far northern extremes of Kaokoland.
- Available Services
- Credit Card: Visa, Master
- Property Facilities
- 10 Campsites
Shared ablution facilities
Power points are available
- +264 (81) 145 8302
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- +264 (0)61 251 863
- After Hours:
- +264 81 129 2424
Rooms & Rates
- Visit to a Himba Village (guided)
- A close up guided experience of the traditional lives of the Himba in the Epupa area. Duration +- 4 hours.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 750.00 pp|
- Sundowner Drive
- Enjoy a guided drive to a beautiful scenic sundowner hill above the Epupa Falls where snacks and drinks will be provided. Duration ± 3 hours.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 340.00 pp|
- Guided Nature Walk
- A scenic and beautiful 2 hour guided walk upstream along the Kunene River in search of crocodiles. You might also see the vervet monkeys and do some birdwatching.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 320.00 pp|
- Rafting Tours and Excursions
- These activities are seasonal and can be inquired at the reception.
- Excursion for Fly-In Day Visitors
- Join an excursion to the Epupa Falls and a Himba village.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$1280.00 pp|