OMARUNGA EPUPA-FALLS CAMPSITE
Campsites on the riverbank are among the greatest places to set up tents, take out chairs and a good book and be lulled by the gentle river song. Great scenery rates supreme for favourite camping places and the relaxed and rustic Omarunga Epupa-Falls Campsite, under the makalanis and on the banks of the Kunene, is a rare find. It’s time to leave behind day to day concerns and reconnect with nature. In this remote area, you are explorer and adventurer in a new and different world.
After a dusty drive of earthy colours with several baobabs marking the way, the verdant green band of makalanis comes into view and the small Kunene River oasis, with its local Himba people dressed in traditional garb, the rush of the falls and the gentle flow of the river unaware of its exciting 40m plunge down the rocky gorge.
Spend time absorbing the jubilant energy at Epupa Falls and partake in the exhilarating lodge activities. Experiencing the great outdoors in places like Epupa lifts the soul, reenergises and inspires; and Omarunga is one to add to lists, to reminisce over and to return to time and time again.
An unexpected treat in the far northern extremes of Kaokoland.
GPS Coordinates -17.00222, 13.24611
- Property Facilities
- Solar power
Laundry service (at main lodge)
Cold water swimming pool (at main lodge)
Bar (at main lodge)
Restaurant (at the main lodge)
- Available Services
- Wood available at the reception at an additional cost
Barbeque packs available at the reception at an additional cost (Order before 10:00 AM)
Credit card: Visa, Master (at the main lodge)
Ice available at the reception at an additional cost
- +264 (0)84 0007307 or +264 (0)81 145 8302
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- After Hours:
- +264 (0)81 129 2424
- Visit to a Himba Village
- A close up guided experience of the traditional lives of the Himba in the Epupa area. Duration 3-4 hours.
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 825.00 pp|
- Sunset Walk
- Enjoy a guided walk to a beautiful scenic sundowner hill above the Epupa Falls where snacks and drinks will be provided. Duration: approximately 2 hours.
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 374.00 pp|
- Walking trail
- A scenic and beautiful 2 hour guided walk upstream along the Kunene River. You might also see the vervet monkeys. This is also a great walk for bird enthusiasts.
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 352.00 pp|
- Rafting Tours and Excursions
- Fun and excitement! Explore the Kunene River by rafting boat. This activity is seasonal. Please request durations and information at reception. May only be booked directly at the lodge. Rates available at the lodge.
- Excursion for Fly-In Day Visitors
- Join an excursion to the Epupa Falls and a Himba village. Please request durations and information at reception.
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 1408.00 pp|