OMARUNGA EPUPA-FALLS CAMP
One of the highlights of Kaokoland in the far northern reaches of Namibia, Epupa is a magical belt of makalani palm forest on the perennial Kunene River.
There’s something special about this Kaokoland refuge 180km north of Opuwo, where the Kunene River plunges into the gorge below. Baobab trees cling to the rocky slopes as torrents of water rumble and tumble down the rocks with a flash of rainbow and an invigorating burst of wonder.
Two hundred metres upstream from the cascading falls, Omarunga Epupa-Falls Camp is a cosy thatched lodge on the riverbank set under the palms, and the perfect place from which to experience Epupa enchantment. Dine with a river view and wake to the music of the falls and the sound of palm thrushes singing in the trees. Let Epupa lull you into a peaceful reverie.
In between rest and relaxation, there is much to experience here. Take the golden opportunity to visit the Himba, one of the last semi-nomadic groups in Africa; get your courage in check for a guided walk in search of the Kunene crocs or a rafting trip on the river (seasonal); and follow trails downstream keeping eyes open for our avian friends who favour this riverine habitat. And at sunset join the sundowner drive to a hill overlooking Epupa Falls for that time of day when everything pauses for beauty and celebration.
Drink in the African ambience and magic of Epupa.
- Available Services
- Credit Card: Visa, Master
- Property Facilities
- En-suite bathrooms, showers
- +264 (81) 145 8302
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- +264 (0)61 251 863
- After Hours:
- +264 81 129 2424
Rooms & Rates
- Visit to a Himba Village (Guided)
- A close up guided experience of the traditional lives of the Himba in the Epupa area. Duration +- 4 hours.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 920.00 pp|
- Sundowner Drive
- Enjoy a guided drive to a beautiful scenic sundowner hill above the Epupa Falls where snacks and drinks will be provided. Duration ± 3 hours.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 340.00 pp|
- Crocodile Walking Trail (Guided)
- A scenic and beautiful 2 hour guided walk upstream along the Kunene River in search of crocodiles. You might also see the vervet monkeys. This is also a great walk for bird enthusiasts.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 320.00 pp|
- Rafting Tours and Excursions
- These activities are seasonal and can be enquired at the reception.
- Excursion for Fly-In Day Visitors
- Join an excursion to the Epupa Falls and a Himba village. Please request durations and information at reception.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$1280.00 pp|
- Transfer to Airstrip
- On request, 6 km one way
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 875 per car (one way)|