NAMIB DESERT LODGE
Complementing the magnificence of a red sand sea, Namib Desert Lodge lies at the foot of ancient fossilised dunes. Make some space for wonder. A sunset or early morning drive through the red dunes exploring the sand masterpiece is breath-taking. Atop the ridge as the sand begins to glow deep rich sienna, a view of utter beauty is illuminated in gold, extending from the soft dunes around you to the green ribbon of riverine trees in the distance and the purple-blue mountains. Tolkien would be taken aback - and inspired, I'm sure, by such fantastical scenery! One of the Sossusvlei lodges, Namib Desert Lodge is imbued with its own special character.
Enjoy the relaxed and friendly ambience while cooling off at the pool, watching gemsbok arrive at the waterhole to drink, walking the trails into the dunes or dining in the cosy restaurant. Down-to-earth and homely, it is a place to put up feet, explore, discover and love. For the ultimate desert experience, spend a night in the dunes at Dune Star Camp. An intimate adventure, this slick and simple hideaway stands alone deep in the Namib Desert. The spacious wooden bungalows have beds with wheels to enable guests to sleep out under the stars and a dining area with a large wooden deck affords the best views of the landscape. Be prepared to fill up with desert splendour and a renewed energy for the incredible adventure of Life. Enjoy the quiet at Namib Desert Lodge away from the bustle around Sesriem, 60km away. Ideal for groups, families or individual travellers, there is space for all. A trip to Namibia is only complete with a sojourn in the Namib Desert.
GPS Coordinates -24.116389, 15.904722
- Property Facilities
- Curio shop
Cold water swimming pool
- Available Services
- 24-Hour security
Credit card: Visa, Master
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)84 0007325
- After Hours:
- +264 (0)81 129 2424
- Morning/Afternoon Nature Drive
- Discover the fossilised dunes, the red dunes above the plateau and the many wonders of the Namib Desert on this guided drive around Gondwana Namib Park. Refreshments and a light snack included.
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021 | Sundowner Dune Drive: Approx. 2 hours, departure: 2 hours before sunset, min. 4 persons||N$ 659 pp|
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021 | Morning Dune Drive: approx. 2 hours, departs 30 minutes before sunrise, min. 4 persons||N$ 659 pp|
- Hiking Trails (self-guided)
- Experience the Namib Desert on foot. A trail map is available at reception. For more information please enquire at the reception. Free of charge.
- E-Biking (self-guided)
- Explore the Namib Desert in your own time on an electrical bicycle, a trail map is available at the reception. Only to be booked directly at lodge. Max 4 hours, return before nightfall. Bookings only directly at Namib Desert Lodge. Rates available at the Lodge.