NAMIB DESERT CAMPING2GO
Going back to one’s roots has never been easier as with Camping2Go. After spending an unforgettable day in the desert with the remarkable sights of Sossusvlei and the Sesriem Canyon, it is time to unwind. Relax around a cosy campfire at night with loved ones while listening to the call of the hyena. The sounds of nature will lull you to sleep. Wake up to the most spectacular sunrise setting the fossilised dunes ablaze.
A total of eight permanent tents, only a stone’s throw away from the Namib Desert Lodge, have been set up for travellers’ convenience. The tents located at the foot of the fascinating fossilised dunes are fully equipped, each with four beds and an en-suite bathroom with a shower. With the fully kitted out kitchen that includes a fridge, stove, sink and all the necessary cooking utensils and cutlery on the outside terrace, it is a hassle-free way of being immersed in nature. There is an outside braai, as well as a firepit that you can place it in the nearby riverbed to fully enjoy nature’s music.
Campers can make use of the facilities at Namib Desert Lodge 700m away, whether treating themselves to dinner at the restaurant or taking a dip in the swimming pool. Another added convenience is partaking in lodge activities to explore the area, ranging from e-biking, hiking to dune drives at sunrise or sunset.
Welcome to the Namibian way of life.
GPS Coordinates -24.122500, 15.906389
- Property Facilities
- Laundry service (at main lodge)
Cold water swimming pool (at main lodge)
Bar (at main lodge)
Restaurant (at the main lodge)
- Available Services
- Wood available at the reception at an additional cost
Barbeque packs available at the reception at an additional cost (Order before 10:00 AM)
Credit card: Visa, Master (at the main lodge)
Ice available at the reception at an additional cost
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)84 0007325
- After Hours:
- +264 (0)81 129 2424
- Morning/Afternoon Nature Drive
- Discover the fossilised dunes, the red dunes above the plateau and the many wonders of the Namib Desert on this guided drive around Gondwana Namib Park. Refreshments and a light snack included.
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021 | Morning Dune Drive: approx. 2 hours, departs 30 minutes before sunrise, min. 4 persons||N$ 659 pp|
|Season 2021: 1 November 2021 - 31 October 2021 | Sundowner Dune Drive: approx. 2 hours, departs 2 hours before sunset, min. 4 persons||N$ 659 pp|
- Hiking Trails (self-guided)
- Experience the Namib Desert on foot. A trail map is available at reception. For more information please enquire at the reception. Free of charge.
- E-Biking (self-guided)
- Explore the Namib Desert in your own time on an electrical bicycle, a trail map is available at the reception. Max 4 hours, return before nightfall. May only be booked directly at the lodge. Rate available at the lodge.