If there was ever an enchanted garden, this is it. Entering the Kalahari Farmhouse is like stepping into a magical enclave or an oasis in the desert - far away from the world. It urges you to take off shoes, lie on the soft grass, open a book and relax. The cottagey chalets with colourful patchwork quilts, fireplaces and oodles of charm look onto the garden lined with towering palms. Birds flutter through the trees, water runs in the streamlets and the feeling of peace pervades the intimate Kalahari resort. Well-positioned on the outskirts of Stampriet where life-giving artesian water spurts to the surface, the Farmhouse enjoys this generous boon in the Kalahari Desert.
The ample water supply allows the garden to be kept lush and Gondwana's Self Sufficiency Centre to grow its produce for the collection of lodges around the country. The gods surely smile on this land where goodness grows. At the Centre, adjacent to the lodge, seasonal vegetables are grown, cows are milked, and a variety of salamis, sausages and biltong are produced. Chickens wander about and pigs grunt contentedly from their enclosures. Take the time off on a trip to put up feet at Kalahari Farmhouse. Easily accessible if travelling between Windhoek and the South, or if en route to the Kgalagadi or South Africa, the lodge is best enjoyed over a few days. Visit the Self Sufficiency Centre, lounge around the pool or in the garden, join a sunset excursion into the burnished dunes at Kalahari Anib Lodge, 30km away, and REST.
S 24˚ 20.013 E 18˚ 24.003
The Kalahari Farmhouse is also the home of the Gondwana Training Academy. In 2018, the Academy will take place from 1 January to 15 March, and the Kalahari Farmhouse will be open to campers and visitors to the restaurant during this time. Guests are advised to book accommodation at the Kalahari Anib Lodge nearby, during this period.
- Available Services
- Laundry Service
Credit Card: Visa, Master
- Property Facilities
- 11 Bungalows (3 Family & 8 Twin Rooms)
Free Wi-Fi at the Reception Area
Air Conditioning / Heating
En-suite bathrooms, showers
Tea / Coffee Facilities
- +264 63 260 259
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- +264 (0)63 260 258
- After Hours:
- +264 81 129 2424
Rooms & Rates
- Morning or Sunset Game Drive
- These drives are the perfect way to getting acquainted with the Kalahari Desert. The approx. 3 hour morning or sunset drive with panoramic views across the Kalahari dunes is something to remember forever. Drives depart from Kalahari Anib Lodge.
|Season 2018: 1 November 2017 - 31 October 2018||N$ 510 pp|
|Season 2019: 1 November 2018 - 31 October 2019||N$ 560 pp|
- Excursions into the Kalahari
- Explore the Gondwana Kalahari Park on the sunset drive and celebrate life atop a red Kalahari dune. Drink in the beauty of the Kalahari where gemsbok flourish and sociable weavers build gargantuan nests atop camelthorn trees. In winter stretch your legs before a long fire next to the fish pond (the old farmhouse swimming hole) where barbel and carp that measure from your elbow to finger tips laze the days and nights away. Step along the trails around the lodge, keeping eyes open for springbok, zebra and wildebeest. And after your meal how about a star walk in the veld nearby?