HAKUSEMBE RIVER LODGE
Entering Hakusembe River Lodge at the end of the winding gravel track, you are greeted with a refreshing image of green lawn, large trees, a collection of thatched chalets and a strip of sparkling river. Instantaneously the fresh balm of beauty soothes your weary soul. You have reached the verdant Hakusembe river oasis. A feeling of calm descends. And it remains present for the time of your visit.
River birds fly up between the reeds, people row their dugout canoes on the river and soft muted sounds float over the waters from the villages on the far bank. As you sit on the floating deck, legs up, book in hand absorbing the peace to the accompaniment of bird calls and the gentle splashing of water, all worldly worries float away.
Those who can muster the energy to move can cool off at the pool in the luxuriant garden, try their luck at catching the elusive tiger fish, take a stroll to the Mbunza cultural village and hop aboard the Hakusembe River Queen. Situated 16km from Rundu in the Kavango region, this gem of a lodge (with campsite) provides that necessary break from the road.
It's one of the Caprivi accommodation treasures to discover - and frequent - when in the northern reaches of the country. It will soon be etched into itineraries, breaking the long haul from Windhoek and Etosha to the Zambezi and Vic Falls. Excitement builds up as you turn onto the entrance road and relief washes over you as you reach Hakusembe River Lodge. You are back.
S 17° 51.033 E 19° 40.287
- Available Services
- Laundry Service
Credit Card: Visa, Master
Kindly note, day visitors are permitted per prior arrangement only. Please contact the lodge directly for arrangements.
- Property Facilities
- 20 Chalets (2 Triple and 18 Twin Rooms)
Air Conditioning / Heating
En-suite bathrooms, showers
Tea / Coffee Facilities
- +264 66 257 010
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- +264 (0)61 251863
- After Hours:
- +264 (0)81 129 2424
Rooms & Rates
- Sunset Boat Cruise (guided)
- Experience the water world of the Kavango on a romantic boat trip as the sun goes down. Refreshments and a light snack are included. Approx. 1.5 hours.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 294.00 pp|
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 323.00 pp|
- Tiger Fishing Trips (guided)
- Experience catching one of the strongest fighting fresh water fish in the world. 2 persons per boat. Basic tackle and bait included. Lost lure at N$ 60 per lure, drinks not included. The fishing license is not included in the rate and subject to Town Council's requirements (contact lodge manager for arrangements). Please ask for departure times at reception.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 – 31 October 2020||N$ 200.00 pp/per hour|
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 220.00 pp/per hour|
- Fishing excursion
- We will gladly submit a detailed offer for a tailor-made excursion for the enthusiastic fishermen. Available on request.
- Please note:
- These activities are seasonal and depending on water level. All fishing is done on a catch and release basis.