A lucky find along the Okavango River. Nestled in the vegetation close to the riverbank, the Hakusembe River Campsite offers four private oases from which to enjoy the abundant riches of the river. Each of the sites has its own bathroom facilities and can host eight people.
Explore this lush water world with family and friends. It's a short stroll to the lodge to sit on the wide wooden deck, sip on a drink and take a sunset cruise on the Hakusembe River Queen.
Unwind to the rhythm of the river and cherish the unspoiled Kavango character from around the crackling camp fire.
GPS-coordinates in 'degree, decimal-minutes': S 17° 51.033' E 19° 40.287'
- Available Services
- Laundry Service
Credit Card: Visa, Master
- Property Facilities
- Secure Parking
4 Campsites (each campsite can accommodate 8 people)
Fire Wood can be Purchased at Reception
Power Points are Available
Private Ablutions Blocks
- +264 66 257 010
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- +264 (0)61 251 863
- After Hours:
- +264 81 129 2424
Rooms & Rates
- Hakusembe Campsite Activities
- Enjoy the lush green surroundings at Hakusembe Campsite, feet up, book in hand absorbing the peace to the accompaniment of bird calls and the splashing of water. Those who can muster the energy to move, can cool off at the pool of the lodge. Try your luck at catching the elusive tiger fish, take a stroll to the Mbunza cultural village and at the end of the dayhop aboard the Hakusembe River Queen. From the safety of the river boat, watch the old crocodile glide into the water and the red orb of the sun dip elegantly behind the trees. As you raise your glass, the changing light and Kavango colours reflect and shimmer around you. Cheers!
- Sunset Boat Cruise (guided)
- Experience the waterworld of the Kavango on a romantic boat trip as the sun goes down. Refreshments and a light snack are included. Departure is 1,5 hours before sunset. (Duration of 1,5 hours)
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020 |||N$ 294 pp|
- Tiger Fishing Trips (guided)
- Experience catching one of the strongest fighting fresh water fish in the world. 2 persons per boat. Basic tackle and bait included. Lost lures at N$60 per lure, drinks not included. The fishing licence is not included in the rate and subject to Town Council's requirements (contact lodge manager for arrangements) On request.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 – 31 October 2020||N$ 200 pp/per hour|
- Fishing excursion
- We will gladly submit a detailed offer for a tailor made excursion for the enthusiastic fishermen.