CHOBE RIVER CAMPSITE
An intimate refuge, guests can indulge in the privacy offered by our six campsites. The campsites offer stunning views of the wild plains of the Chobe River. Wildlife is in abundance and guests can experience it all in authentic, natural environments. Just 4km from the Ngoma border post between Namibia and Botswana and close to the surreal Chobe National Park, this is the wildlife and bird enthusiast’s dream.
A short walk away, Chobe River Campsite awaits where guests can enjoy a refreshing dip in the pool or a deliciously prepared dinner. Experience the African dream with the comfort of Namibian hospitality.
GPS (h ddd”mm”ss.s): S17°53”54.2 E024°43”44.3
- Property Facilities
- 24-hour Security
Private Ablution Blocks
Fire Wood can be Purchased at Reception
6 Campsites (max of 10 persons per campsite)
- +264 66 250 614
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- +264 (0)61 251 863
- After Hours:
- +264 81 129 2424
Rooms & Rates
- Boat Cruise
- Please note: If the water level of the Chobe River is low, the guests need to be transferred to the mooring of the boat with our game viewing vehicles. As this transfer can take up to 60 minutes, departures times may vary. Please enquire with your Gondwana consultant.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020 | Sundowner boat cruise 1-2 hours, seasonal. Watch the sunset while enjoying a relaxing boat cruise on the Chobe River. Refreshments and a light snack included. Departure is 1,5 hours before sunset.||N$ 350 pp|
|Season 2020: November 2019 - 31 October 2020 | Full day Boat cruise. Duration of 6 hours, seasonal, min 4 pax/max 10 pax, incl. light lunch and 2 refreshments. Join a full day boat cruise on the Chobe River and explore the channels and the diverse bird life.||N$ 850 pp|
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020 | 2-3 hours in the morning or afternoon, seasonal. Guided. On request only. Hop aboard the river boat for early mornings or late afternoon boat cruises on the Chobe River when the light slants to explore the channels and discover the diverse bird life. Refreshments and a light snack included.||N$ 560 pp|
- Guided Walking Trail
- Subject to availability. May only be booked directly at the Lodge.
- Canadian Canoe Trip
- Subject to availability. May only be booked directly at the Lodge. Join this guided canoe trip and see the African world from a new perspective. Refreshments and a light snack included.
- Birding drive
- Join our guide with his keen eye for the countless bird species in the vicinity of Chobe River Camp which dwell on the open grassy spaces well-camouflaged and at times motionless. This tour is subject to availability, depending on the water level of the Chobe River. May only be booked directly at the lodge. Refreshments and a light snack included.
- Excursion to Victoria Falls
- Don’t miss this tour to Victoria Falls. The waterfall is classified as the largest in the world, having the largest sheet of falling water. Contact us for more information.
- Daytrip to Chobe National Park
- The Chobe National Park has one of the greatest concentrations of game in all of Africa. The daytrip includes a boat cruise in the morning and a game drive in the afternoon. Subject to availability. May only be booked directly at the Lodge.