CHOBE RIVER CAMPSITE
An intimate refuge, guests can indulge in the privacy offered by our six campsites. The campsites offer stunning views of the wild plains of the Chobe River. Wildlife is in abundance and guests can experience it all in authentic, natural environments. Just 4km from the Ngoma border post between Namibia and Botswana and close to the surreal Chobe National Park, this is the wildlife and bird enthusiast’s dream.
A short walk away, Chobe River Campsite awaits where guests can enjoy a refreshing dip in the pool or a deliciously prepared dinner. Experience the African dream with the comfort of Namibian hospitality.
GPS Coordinates -17.8981, 24.7286
- Property Facilities
- 24-hour Security
Private Ablution Blocks
Fire Wood can be Purchased at Reception
6 Campsites (max of 10 persons per campsite)
- +264 66 250 614
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- After Hours:
- +264 81 129 2424
Rooms & Rates
- Morning/Afternoon Boat Cruise
- Hop aboard the river boat for early morning or late afternoon cruises on the Chobe River when the light slants to explore the channels and discover the diverse bird life. Refreshments and light snacks included. Approx. 3 hours, seasonal, on request only.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 560.00 pp|
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 616.00 pp|
- Full-Day Boat Cruise
- Join a full-day boat cruise on the Chobe River and explore the channels and diverse bird life. Refreshments and light snacks included. Approximately 6 hours, seasonal.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 850.00 pp|
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 935.00 pp|
- Sunset Boat Cruise
- Watch the sunset while enjoying a relaxing boat cruise on the Chobe River. Seasonal, incl. refreshments and light snacks. Departure 1.5 hours before sunset.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 350.00 pp|
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 385.00 pp|
- Canadian Canoe Trip
- Join this canoe trip and see the African world from a new perspective. Trip with guide. Subject to availability. Only to be booked directly at the lodge. Refreshments and a light snack included. Departures and rates on request available at the lodge.
- Guided Walking Trail
- Discover the beauty of the Zambezi region on foot on a hike with a reliable guide. 1-2 hours, subject to availability. Seasonal. May only be booked directly at the Lodge.
- Birding Drive
- Join our guide with his keen eye for the countless bird species in the vicinity of Chobe River Camp which dwell on the open grassy spaces well-camouflaged and at times motionless. This tour is subject to availability, depending on the water level of the Chobe River. May only be booked directly at the lodge. Refreshments and a light snack included. Departure 3 hours before sunset.
- Please note:
- All our activities are seasonal. If the water level of the Chobe River is low, the guests need to be transferred to the mooring of the boat with our game viewing vehicles. As the transfer can take up to 60 minutes, departure times for the activity may vary. Please enquire with your Gondwana consultant.
- Excursion to Victoria Falls
- Don’t miss this tour to Victoria Falls. The waterfall is classified as the largest in the world, having the largest sheet of falling water. Contact us for more information.
- Daytrip to Chobe National Park
- The Chobe National Park has one of the greatest concentrations of game in all of Africa. The daytrip includes a boat cruise in the morning and a game drive in the afternoon. Subject to availability. May only be booked directly at the Lodge.