CHOBE RIVER CAMP
Gaze over the flood plains and enjoy luxurious solitude on the banks of the Chobe River. Assuring extraordinary experiences, we offer 20 luxury tented chalets. The lodge was inspired by the natural beauty of the landscape and all chalets have been constructed using indigenous Mopane timber and canvas. This offers not only a stunning sight, but an environmentally conscious design.
Expect a unique and wondrous experience when visiting the Camp. This region is Namibia’s very own version of the Serengeti and offers a rare experience. With a bit of luck you can see large herds of elephants, buffalo and antelope. Activities may be seasonal, but will always amaze and intrigue our guests.
Chobe River Camp is a wildlife and birder’s dream and is the ideal place to break away, just across the river from the world renowned Chobe Nature Reserve, home to one of the largest concentrations of elephant on the African continent. The Camp is also the ideal place for day trips to Victoria Falls, located only 150km away.
GPS (h ddd”mm”ss.s): S17°53”54.2 E024°43”44.3
- Available Services
- Laundry Service
Credit Card: Visa, Master
- Property Facilities
- Secure Parking
20 tented chalets
- +264 66 250 614
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- +264 (0)61 251 863
- After Hours:
- +264 81 129 2424
Rooms & Rates
- Chobe River Camp Activities
- The Zambezi Region offers guests a magnificent choice of activities. Hop aboard the river boats for early morning or late afternoon cruises on the Chobe river when the light slants to explore the channels and discover the diverse bird life. Select one of our lodge’s unique activities and join a nature drive or a guided canoe tour and see the African world from a new perspective.
- Boat Cruise
- Kindly note that due to low water levels, we are currently not offering any boat cruises until further notice. Instead, we offer 3 hour game drives in the morning and afternoon @ N$350.00 pp. All the other activities are available.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020 | Sundowner boat cruise, seasonal, incl. refreshments and light snacks.||N$ 350 pp|
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020 | Join a full-day boat cruise on the Chobe River. Refreshments and light snacks included. Duration of approximately 6 hours, seasonal.||N$ 850 pp|
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020 | Morning / afternoon boat cruise, guided, 3 hours, seasonal, on request only.||N$ 350 pp|
- Guided Walking Trail
- Subject to availability. May only be booked directly at the Lodge.
- Canadian Canoe Trip
- Join this guided canoe trip and see the African world from a new perspective. Subject to availability. May only be booked directly at the Lodge.
- Bird watching excursion
- Join our guide with his keen eye for the countless bird species in the vicinity of Chobe River Camp which dwell on the open grassy spaces well-camouflaged and at times motionless. This tour is subject to availability, depending on the water level of the Chobe River. May only be booked directly at the lodge.
- Excursion to Victoria Falls
- Contact us for more information