CHOBE RIVER CAMP
Gaze over the flood plains and enjoy luxurious solitude on the banks of the Chobe River. Assuring extraordinary experiences, we offer 20 charming tented chalets. The lodge was inspired by the natural beauty of the landscape and all chalets have been constructed using indigenous Mopane timber and canvas. This offers not only a stunning sight, but an environmentally conscious design.
Expect a unique and wondrous experience when visiting the Camp. This region is Namibia’s very own version of the Serengeti and offers a rare experience. With a bit of luck you can see large herds of elephants, buffalo and antelope. Activities may be seasonal, but will always amaze and intrigue our guests.
Chobe River Camp is a wildlife and birder’s dream and is the ideal place to break away, just across the river from the world renowned Chobe Nature Reserve, home to one of the largest concentrations of elephant on the African continent. The Camp is also the ideal place for day trips to Victoria Falls, located only 150km away.
GPS (h ddd”mm”ss.s): S17°53”54.2 E024°43”44.3
- Available Services
- Laundry Service
Credit Card: Visa, Master
Kindly note, day visitors are permitted per prior arrangement only. Please contact the lodge directly for arrangements.
- Property Facilities
- Secure Parking
20 tented chalets
- +264 66 250 614
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- +264 (0)61 251 863
- After Hours:
- +264 81 129 2424
Rooms & Rates
- Morning/Afternoon Boat Cruise
- Hop aboard the river boat for early morning or late afternoon cruises on the Chobe River when the light slants to explore the channels and discover the diverse bird life. Refreshments and light snacks included. Approx. 3 hours, seasonal, on request only.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 560.00 pp|
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 616.00 pp|
- Full-Day Boat Cruise
- Join a full-day boat cruise on the Chobe River and explore the channels and diverse bird life. Refreshments and light snacks included. Approximately 6 hours, seasonal.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 850.00 pp|
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 935.00 pp|
- Sunset Boat Cruise
- Watch the sunset while enjoying a relaxing boat cruise on the Chobe River. Seasonal, incl. refreshments and light snacks. Departure 1.5 hours before sunset.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 350.00 pp|
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 385.00 pp|
- Canadian Canoe
- Join this canoe trip and see the African world from a new perspective. Trip with guide. Subject to availability. Only to be booked directly at the lodge. Refreshments and a light snack included. Departures and rates on request available at the lodge.
- Guided Walking Trail
- Discover the beauty of the Zambezi region on foot on a hike with a reliable guide. 1-2 hours, subject to availability. Seasonal. May only be booked directly at the Lodge.
- Birding drive
- Join our guide with his keen eye for the countless bird species in the vicinity of Chobe River Camp which dwell on the open grassy spaces well-camouflaged and at times motionless. This tour is subject to availability, depending on the water level of the Chobe River. May only be booked directly at the lodge. Refreshments and a light snack included. Departure 3 hours before sunset.
- Please note:
- All our activities are seasonal. If the water level of the Chobe River is low, the guests need to be transferred to the mooring of the boat with our game viewing vehicles. As the transfer can take up to 60 minutes, departure times for the activity may vary. Please enquire with your Gondwana consultant.
- Excursion to Victoria Falls
- Don’t miss this tour to Victoria Falls. The waterfall is classified as the largest in the world, having the largest sheet of falling water. Contact us for more information.
- Daytrip to Chobe National Park
- The Chobe National Park has one of the greatest concentrations of game in all of Africa. The daytrip includes a boat cruise in the morning and a game drive in the afternoon. Subject to availability. May only be booked directly at the Lodge.