CHOBE RIVER CAMP
Gaze over the flood plains and enjoy luxurious solitude on the banks of the Chobe River. Assuring extraordinary experiences, we offer 20 charming tented chalets. The lodge was inspired by the natural beauty of the landscape and all chalets have been constructed using indigenous Mopane timber and canvas. This offers not only a stunning sight, but an environmentally conscious design.
Expect a unique and wondrous experience when visiting the Camp. This region is Namibia’s very own version of the Serengeti and offers a rare experience. With a bit of luck you can see large herds of elephants, buffalo and antelope. Activities may be seasonal, but will always amaze and intrigue our guests.
Chobe River Camp is a wildlife and birder’s dream and is the ideal place to break away, just across the river from the world renowned Chobe Nature Reserve, home to one of the largest concentrations of elephant on the African continent. The Camp is also the ideal place for day trips to Victoria Falls, located only 150km away.
GPS (h ddd”mm”ss.s): S17°53”54.2 E024°43”44.3
- Available Services
- Laundry Service
Credit Card: Visa, Master
- Property Facilities
- Secure Parking
20 tented chalets
- +264 66 250 614
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- +264 (0)61 251 863
- After Hours:
- +264 81 129 2424
Rooms & Rates
- Chobe River Camp Activities
- The Zambezi Region offers guests a magnificent choice of activities. Hop aboard the river boats for early morning or late afternoon cruises on the Chobe river when the light slants to explore the channels and discover the diverse bird life. Select one of our lodge’s unique activities and join a nature drive or a guided canoe tour and see the African world from a new perspective.
- Boat Cruise
- Please note: If the water level of the Chobe River is low, the guests need to be transferred to the mooring of the boat with our game viewing vehicles. As the transfer can take up to 60 minutes, departure times for the activity may vary. Please enquire with your Gondwana consultant.
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020 | Sundowner boat cruise, seasonal, incl. refreshments and light snacks. Watch the sunset while enjoying a relaxing boat cruise on the Chobe River. (Departure 1,5 hours before sunset)||N$ 350 pp|
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020 | Join a full-day boat cruise on the Chobe River and explore the channels and diverse bird life. Refreshments and light snacks included. Duration of approximately 6 hours, seasonal.||N$ 850 pp|
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020 | Morning / afternoon boat cruise, guided, 3 hours, seasonal, on request only. Hop aboard the river boat for early morning or late afternoon cruises on the Chobe River when the light slants to explore the channels and discover the diverse bird life. Refreshments and light snacks included.||N$ 560 pp|
- Canadian Canoe
- Trip with guide. Subject to availability. Only to be booked directly at the lodge. Join this canoe trip and see the African world from a new perspective. Refreshments and a light snack included. Departures and Pack rates on request available at the lodge.
- Guided Walking Trail
- Subject to availability. May only be booked directly at the Lodge. Seasonal.
- Bird drive
- Join our guide with his keen eye for the countless bird species in the vicinity of Chobe River Camp which dwell on the open grassy spaces well-camouflaged and at times motionless. This tour is subject to availability, depending on the water level of the Chobe River. May only be booked directly at the lodge. Refreshments and a light snack included. Departure 3 hours before sunset.
- Transfer to Katima Airport Mpacha (return)
- On request, 90 km one way
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 550 pp|
- Package Transfer Airport & 3 Zambezi Gondwana properties (Namushasha River, Zambezi Mubala Lodge and Chobe River Camp)
- On request
|Season 2020: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020||N$ 770 pp|
- Excursion to Victoria Falls
- Contact us for more information