KALAHARI ANIB LODGE
On the Eastern fringes of Namibia, the red sands of the Kalahari beckon. Let us introduce you to the place of burnished sands at Kalahari Anib Lodge. Easily accessible by sedan car and 30km from Mariental, this Kalahari lodge is a good overnight stop if travelling between Windhoek and the south or continuing to the Kgalagadi. There's nothing like feeling the good earth underfoot, so stretch legs on the trails around the lodge, keeping eyes open for springbok, zebra and wildebeest and take the chance to breathe in the character and energy of this distinctive area, feeling closer to the land.
Explore the Gondwana Kalahari Park on the sunset drive and celebrate life atop a red Kalahari dune. Drink in the beauty of the Kalahari where gemsbok flourish and sociable weavers build gargantuan nests atop camelthorn trees. The optimum time to experience the Kalahari colours is when the sun dips in the late afternoon and lights up the sand as if glowing from an inner fire. Don't miss this time of day when the Earth seems to pause for Kalahari magic. Providing an oasis in the desert for groups, individual travellers and campers, Kalahari Anib Lodge is a relaxed and down-to-earth stopover for a taste of Kalahari.
GPS Coordinates -24.43000, 18.100833
- Property Facilities
- Curio shop
Cold water swimming pool
Playground (jungle gym)
Property is accessible for those with limited mobility
- Available Services
- Credit card: Visa, Master (at the main lodge)
- +264 (0)61 427 200
- Tel (Alternate):
- +264 (0)84 0007335
- After Hours:
- +264 (0)81 129 2424
- Morning/Afternoon Nature Drive
- These drives are the perfect way to getting acquainted with the Kalahari Desert. The morning or sunset drive with panoramic views across the Kalahari dunes is something to remember forever. The drive starts at Kalahari Anib Lodge and continues through the park. Refreshments and a light snack will be provided. The sundowner dune drive includes a +- 30 to 40 minute sundowner on a dune, where guests can enjoy a drink and snacks while watching the sun set. Arrival back at the lode is in time for dinner. Book in advance or at the lodge. Departures are 30 minutes before sunrise, and at 17:30 pm.
|Season 2021: 1 November 2020 - 31 October 2021||N$ 659 pp|
- Hiking Trails (self-guided)
- Explore the Kalahari on foot and on your own initiative. A trail map is available at the reception. Free of charge.
- E-Biking (self-guided)
- Explore the Kalahari on electric fat-bikes. Pedal through the Gondwana Kalahari Park on selected routes. A trail map is available at the reception. Only to be booked directly at the Lodge. Subject to availability. Rate enquiries directly at the Lodge.
- Guided Dune Walk
- Explore the Kalahari on foot with a guide. Refreshments and a light snack will be provided. Morning only. Only to be booked directly at the Lodge. On request. Rate enquiries directly at the Lodge.
- Morning Nature Drives for Families (guided)
- Join a 2-hour morning drive with a dedicated tour guide. After a leisurely drive guests will arrive at one of the red dunes. The red sand of the dunes invites all children to play. The family will spend some relaxed time on the dunes with coffee and hot chocolate. The guide will share some interesting facts on fauna and flora with the children (and their parents). Morning only. Subject to availability. Rate enquiries directly at the Lodge.